Top Picks for Things To Do in Hinckley MN
On behalf of the Hinckley Convention & Visitors Bureau, thank you for choosing Hinckley Minnesota as your destination. Wondering what things you can do while you’re here? Try any of these fun and exciting activities…
- Enjoy a relaxing round of golf at Grand National Golf Club, one of the area’s only PGA certified clubs.
2. Walk, bike or ride the beautiful Willard Munger State Trail, the 5th longest continuously paved trail in the U.S., stretching 63 miles from Hinckley to Duluth.
3. Discover our rich history at the Hinckley Fire Museum. The Museum is dedicated to commemorating the epic firestorm of 1894 that devastated over 480 square miles and cost more than 400 lives.
4. Camp, fish, or canoe along the scenic St Croix River amidst the 34,000 acres of St Croix State Park, the largest state park in Minnesota.
For white water enthusiasts, the Kettle River located in Banning State Park offers canoeing and kayaking and is comprised of 5 spectacular segments: Blueberry Slide, Mother’s Delight, Dragon’s Tooth, Little Banning, and Hell’s Gate.
5. Discover history’s hidden treasures, antiques, memorabilia and collectibles at the Antiques America Mall, the Pine County Historical Museum, Sandstone History and Arts Center.
6. Enjoy a World Famous Caramel Roll and sip hot Caribou coffee while shopping for unique finds at Tobies Gift Shop.
7. Bring the whole family to the Corn and Clover Carnival Festival in July, and cap off the weekend events with a night of awesome visual experience at the Pyro-Borealis fireworks show.
8. Pamper yourself from head to toe at the Grand Harmony Spa.
9. Experience the colorful pageantry of Native American dance held annually in June (2 day event), at the Grand Celebration Pow Wow.
10. Find Handmade Crafts, Jewelry, Nature’s Gifts, Guitars and Accessories at Moustique Boutique Music & Gifts in Tobies Mill (just down from Antiques America Mall), the Indigo Moon, and other novelty and curio shops.
11. Spend an afternoon enjoying family casual dining, thrift stores and more in Hinckley’s quaint downtown district.
12. Take in a movie at the Grand Cinema which boasts stadium seating, high back rocker seats, a large curved screen, Hi-def digital picture and surround sound.
13. Do the “Q!” while sampling the best ribs, pulled pork and chicken wings from famous “Q-ers” like Hog Wild and Famous Dave’s at the Hinckley Smokin’ Rib Fest.
14. Whether it’s fast food or fine dining, enjoy a great meal at any of Hinckley’s 16 dining establishments.
15. Try your luck gaming at the Grand Casino Hinckley for a variety of the newest, most exciting casino slot machines around, including multi-line/multi-coin, traditional three-reel, and poker. They have over 2,100 video slots, keno, and poker machines to choose from and 28 fast-paced tables, including Blackjack.
16. Quench your thirst or just satisfy your curiosity for local craft beer and other liquors at the Firehouse Lounge, Tobies Lounge, Bear Creek Tavern, Three Twenty Brewing.
17. Visit and join a group at Audubon Center in Sandstone for wall climbing, high ropes, archery and a wide variety of programs for all ages.
18. Listen to live music at the Amphitheater, Events Center, or Silver Sevens Lounge at the Grand Casino, the Sweet Sounds of Summer at Hinckley West Side Park, or Gospel music sponsored by the St. Paul Lutheran Church and First Presbyterian Church.
19. Dare to ride the “bull” (mechanical), or take on a Rodeo show at the Double F Arena.
20. Relax. Have Fun!